Edwin & Gladys Stastny Members - Black Hawk SDC
This is our 1953 Commander Land Cruiser. This was the top of the line for Studebaker in 1953. The Land cruiser had a longer wheel base than the other four doors which gave it a lot more room in the rear seat. Options are , 232 V-8, automatic transmission, heater ,defroster ,radio ,full wheel covers , white walls , and a very plush interior. They made 15,981 in 1953 (as to 6,383 in 1954 ).
We got the car in 1991 from our son (Scott) who was restoring it for one of his customers who decided not to pay his bill. He couldn't sell it so it was donated to us.
The Car as it originally was
The Land Cruiser was originally from Texas, and is a very solid car. In the winter of 1991 we took the car down to our sons (Ed) house in Florida to restore. With his help we rebuilt the motor, transmission, brakes, and
The Restoration Begins
The Final Product
If you have Questions
with this Home Page
Back to the Ed & Gladys Stastny's
Back to the Black Hawk Chapter SDC Member Profile Page
Back to the Black Hawk Chapter SDC Home Page
© Copyright The Black Hawk Chapter SDC 2000, All Rights Reserved